Thursday, October 15, 2009

Assets

Time to start making them.

I've been reading pretty much constantly for the past couple weeks, and if anything, have gotten more confused and conflicted about my storyline than I was before. I have more possible components to include than I could ever need (don't want this to turn into a visual vomit fest this early in the year...). I have a problem where if I don't know exactly what I'm doing, I don't do anything visual until I have made a decision between all the ideas floating around in my head. This hasn't really been getting me anywhere and November is creeping up more quickly than I would like. Considering that I want to have all models, textures, and rigs done by the end of winter break, I really need to get my shit together.

Taking advice from John Marshall I think it would be best (in the interest of time) to do some photo mash-ups for rough character sketches rather than spending the time creating hand-drawn pieces. That way the color scheme and rough form of the figures/environments can at least get out in the open for critique and analysis for visual qualities.

Too much reading and not enough 3D makes Victor a dull boy.

1 comment:

  1. Sucks doesn't it. I think everyone is getting thrown in circles right now. Its frustrating I know. I wish I could actually get somewhere into production too.

    ReplyDelete